Sunday, November 25, 2012

In The Mere Shallow Concave Hollow Of Despair

A NOTE TO ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS AT MY MIDDLE SCHOOL
I am she who responded to the Do Not Reply email with 'Ok. I won't reply.' It was calling me, okay? I had to do it.
.___________________________.
HOW TO GET TO SLEEP WITHOUT LOSING YOUR SOUL.
I am a chronic insomniac. Not an 'oh, it's 10:35, I went to bed at 10:00' way, I mean an 'I went to bed at 10:00 and it is now 1:00, and I am too restless and fidgety to think, so all I can do is play with my lamp(ooh that sounds dirty) or meditate on the numeral display of my clock radio.' So, I have devised these:
Ways to get to sleep during that Long Dark Teatime of the Soul!
1. Stare at ceiling.
2. Curl up in fetal position under covers and pretend you are gravely injured.
3. Hold a mock battle of the bands, where you sing and jump around, without getting out of bed.
4. Rehash every comic moment from Tsubasa. Out loud.
5. Monologue about what is going on in books you are reading.
6. Write mental top-13 lists.
7. Think up elaborate fan-fic scenarios in which everybody dies.
8. Sing every Slings and Arrows theme song there was.
9. Write mental fan-fic that doesn't end in everybody dying.
10. Perform fan-fic. Out loud. Without getting out of bed.
11. Dream up ideas for what you are writing.
12. Rant about What Is Wrong With The World.
13. Pick up your flash drive. Note its pleasing color, shape, and texture. Meditate on it.
.________________________________.
Awesome copy on back of a library book- 'This well-written, high-action fantasy GRABS READERS AND NEVER LETS GO.'
Nice random capitalization there, friend.
 ._____________________________________.
That's all for tonight, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment