Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To take the force that the ground would exert on the egg upon impact(according to Newton's Third Law)

That title is an actual line from my lab report. If you're writing about eggs, all your sentences will be funny.Now all I need to do is to figure out how to relate all of my posts to eggs.(One down!)
Seen in the subway: Two astonishingly cute little girls in cute school uniforms(more of my opinions  on that probably in my next post) playing with stuffed animals...and making machine gun noises. On the same subway ride, I saw an average guy in a suit talking to his equally average, suited, and male friend. I was trying to do homework, but I heard this phrase clearly:
"And then s/he(I can't remember which) picked up a stick and was like 'WHACK'!(making appropriate gesture)"
I don't know what they were talking about, but that was bloody awesome.
In other news: is Daughters of Eve sexist?
I mean, if it had been written by a man, that wouldn't even be a question for most people: Villainizing radical feminists(and feminists in general)+Anti-abortion, pro-saying a clump of cells that hasn't even truly formed yet is worthy of ruining most of your life prospects(like it did for Anne in the book) +Having in the ending 'Three years later...' bit, everyone be a housewife=Sexist. But, since it was written by a woman, we don't think of it like that. But is there something I'm missing? Please tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment