Saturday, December 8, 2012

Death! Ruin! Destruction!

COWER, BRIEF MORTALS.
I hate almost everything about the holidays, but they have some good things about them. To wit:
1. Presents.
2. Hogfather, Terry Pratchett. I love this book so much it isn't even funny.
3. Hark To The Bells. That's a favorite song, carol or otherwise.
4. The Nutcracker.
5. A Christmas Carol. Who'd pass up a chance to see another festive Grim Reaper?
6. Holiday break.
7. Christmas lights.
8. Chocolate coins.
9. Decorating trees.
10. Saturday Night Live Christmas special, which we watched last night.
11. FIRE!!!
12. Snow.
13. I've run out of things.
What I don't like:
1. Santa.
2. Latkes. I detest latkes.
3. 99% of all holiday songs.
4. That the aforementioned crappy songs are all they ever play on the radio or in Barnes and Noble.
5. 99% of all holiday movies.
6. That Hanukah is never on the break.
7. Barbie's A Christmas Carol and The Nutcracker. I actually screamed "HOW CAN YOU DEFILE THE JOY OF THE HOLIDAYS?!?!" when I saw those.
8. The cold.
9. Socializing with relatives. This is normally okay, but in large groups? I DO NOT LIKE THE GROUPS. I get uncomfortable at my own birthday party.
10. That my otherwise awesome family-friend neighbors always show the horrible Christmas movies.
11. Droning in Hebrew.
12. Advent calenders.
13. Candy canes.
Oh, I shouldn't be so ambivalent about this! After all, I am Eggnog, according to the 'What Hot Beverage Are You?' quiz I took once. So, I should like the holidays.
Right.
I'll stop pretending to be Scrooge rather than the Ghost of Christmas Future and let you get on with your life, shall I?

No comments:

Post a Comment